Robotic Machine Tending Solution
PCC’s Robotic Machine Tending Solution is a collaborative robotics based automation system for loading and unloading material in production machines such as lathes, mills, press brakes, or even post processing applications like deburring, grinding, polishing, or automatic part inspection.
1. The Machine Base, called the ProFeeder by Easy Robotics, is a highly sturdy but portable structure designed to mount a robot arm, controller, and teach pendant and includes a cart system for loading raw material to be fed to the main application.
2. The Collaborative Robot, manufactured by Universal-Robots, comes in three sizes depending on payload and reach requirements. UR robots are extremely easy to program yet very powerful to handle a large variety of loading and unloading applications. The convenient pallet subprogram makes setting up a job quick and repeatable.
3. The Gripper, manufactured by OnRobot (and others), provides the critical handling of raw material and finished parts. Some applications may benefit from a dual gripper arrangement due to changing part geometry after machining, or to improve overall cycle times. Grippers are available in wide variety of styles and technologies depending on the part handling requirements and proper selection is vitally important to insure project success.
4. The Automatic Door Controller, SIDOOR manufactured by Siemens, provides an incredibly easy after-market solution for automatically controlling the door on a machining center. This unit features one-button learning mode and built-in safety making it the perfect solution for automating legacy CNC machines.
5. The Parts Nest is where the raw material is staged in a grid pattern for processing. This nest will generally be made from machined Jig Plate or plastic. The nest can be reused for future repeated jobs. Because of the accuracy and repeatability of the Universal-Robots arm, machine vision is typically not necessary for most applications. Additionally, the mobile cart system from EasyRobotics accurately secures the Jig Plate in place and provides off line staging of raw material. Once loaded in the ProFeeder, powerful pneumatic pins safely lock the cart in place for highly repeatable picking by the robot arm.
Collaborative Robot Videos
Automatic Door Control
Request more information: