Traditionally the rule of thumb was Allen-Bradley™ PLC with an Allen-Bradley™ HMI. Why would anybody use an Allen-Bradley™ PLC with a Siemens HMI? Well more and more companies are doing just that.
Below are the top 10 reasons why:
- Comfort Panels commonly offer a considerable cost savings when compared to similar sized HMI products.
- The Comfort Panel comes standard with 2 Ethernet ports on 7” models and larger eliminating the need for an additional Ethernet switch for many applications.
- Comfort Panels are constructed with a rugged aluminum bezel on models 7” and larger providing additionally strength and quality.
- The Comfort Panel trending screen is scalable eliminating the need to develop multiple screens for different scale views.
- Widescreen, LED backlight, hi-resolution (e.g. 16 million colors) screen that can be mounted landscape or portrait providing a 40% larger visualization area and absolutely brilliant display.
- 0 – 100% dimmable LED backlight for energy efficiency and longer life.
- The ability to browse the file structure of the panel via an on-board Web Server is standard. This gives the user quick access to logged data without the need to remove a CF card or USB stick to get access to data resulting in less downtime.
- All Comfort Panels are delivered standard with multimedia tools including media player, word/excel/pdf viewers and internet explorer at no extra cost.
- Siemens WinCC 11 HMI development software offers the latest technology in programming including vector-based graphics, advanced template functionality, faceplates and the easy import of tags for quick conversions.
- A single software development environment from the simplest HMI solutions to SCADA applications providing a high-level of investment protection.
Let us know if you if you have any questions or would like to schedule a Comfort Panel demonstration at your facility. firstname.lastname@example.org
Allen-Bradley and PanelView are trademarks of Rockwell Automation, Inc.